FASHION LOCATION BERLIN
Berlin stands for national and international appeal, an exciting mix of art, film, music and fashion. This is where the trends of tomorrow are created. After only a few seasons, Berlin has established itself in the TOP league of fashion locations worldwide with around 70,000 trade visitors and numerous trade fair platforms, receptions and showrooms.
ONLINE SESSION FUTURE FASHION BERLIN
In our online session we will talk to some of our experts about what makes Berlin such a great fashion hub and what will come next in the fashion industry (as we all know it can´t stay as it is). Julia Krüger, Senior Manager Media & Creative Industries at Berlin Partner for Business and Technology, is happy to talk about FUTURE FASHION BERLIN with
Marte Henschel, CEO at Sqetch
Thomas Gnahm, Founder of Wear It Berlin
Anna Franziska Michel, Founder of YOONA Tech
Join us 6 October 2020, 10 am in our session and get to know the Fashion Location Berlin.
© Getty Images for MBFW
FACTS ABOUT FASHION LOCATION BERLIN
- Nearly 3,100 companies in the capital city are active in the fashion sector (design studios/ retail/ online/ garment manufacturing). Berlin now stands for the highest density of fashion companies in Germany.
- Turnover in the fashion industry rose by 14% from 2016 to 2017 to around EUR 6.3 billion. The submarket employs 25,400 people.
- The fashion spectrum in Berlin ranges from high-priced couture and tailoring to eco fashion and streetwear and from individual pieces to collections. The accessories and shoes segment is also becoming increasingly important.
- Berlin stands for talent: many awards and prizes have gone to fashion labels from Berlin, including Gesine Försterling and Annelie Schubert (Hyères Award), Nobieh Talaei and Isabell de Hillerin (Bunte New Faces Style) and Tim Labenda (International Woolmark Prize).
- The value chain of the fashion industry is becoming denser, many new agencies (PR/sales), production service providers and even large online platforms have been added in recent years.
- Green fashion and upcycling are becoming increasingly important: more and more Berlin fashion labels - including Benu Berlin, Philomena Zanotti, Schmidttakahashi, Ewa Herzog and many more. - take sustainability criteria into account in their production.
- The fashion industry is also focusing on recycling. Companies such as the Berlin platform DESIGN FOR CIRCULARITY and the Berlin-based portal Kleiderkreisel promote sustainable action in the fashion industry and among users with their concepts.
© Getty Images for MBFW